- LIVE GUIDE
- PICK-UP TIME As advised by Customer service
- TOUR STARTS 09:30
We begin our day with a stop at a pottery workshop in Yeroskipou village, where we will see how the potters continue the ancient traditional craft and if you are lucky you might even try your hand at the wheel. Our next stop is at the village square where we will see the unique 5 domed church of St Paraskevi, built in the 9th century reputedly on the site where the ancient temple of Aphrodite previously stood. We will also have a chance to see how the loukoumia (Turkish delights) are made and wander around the square with its local produce shops. From there we will go to a small village Letymbou, where we will visit Sophias traditional house where you can see rooms with the original furniture and decor as well as traditional costumes. You will learn how she bakes village bread in the clay oven and makes other local delicacies such as the traditional halloumi cheese. Afterwards we will have a brunch a special Cypriot breakfast, prepared by Sophia with village style bread and coffee or tea (brunch included in the price). Next, we will visit the Saint Neophytos monastery and the Enkleistra, an enclosure which was carved out of the mountain in the 12th century by the hermit Neophytos and contains some of the finest Byzantine frescoes. The main church of the monastery was built around 200 years after the death of St Neophytos and is dedicated to the Virgin Mary.
• Pick up from selected hotels
• Fully insured and air-conditioned coach
• Licensed C.T.O guide ( English, Russian)
• Professional Driver
• Please ensure that you are dressed appropriately for visits to monasteries.( No shorts or low cut blouses)
• Must be requested a minimum of 48 hours prior to scheduled departure
Dear traveller, your excursion is in a few days and we would like to inform you that we have introduced new measures to look after your safety.
• Coach & Minibus disinfection after every use
• Antibacterial hand sanitiser on entrance to the vehicle
• No eating & drinking is allowed in the vehicle
• Protective masks and gloves for our driver and guides
• Mandatory Face masks/coverings for all passengers. Excluded: children younger than 6 years old, anyone who has trouble breathing or otherwise unable to remove the cover without assistance